Choosing a tent for your event
Here are some things to consider when determining the size of tent you'll need:
- How big is the area where the tent will be set.
- For groups standing or seated in rows, allow 7-10 sq. ft. per person.
- For groups sitting at banquet tables allow 10 sq. ft. per person.
- For groups sitting at round tables allow 15 sq. ft. per person.
- Buffet lines and special use areas like bars, DJ/sound, or coat check.
- Stages and dance floor area.
- Special exhibits or booth spaces (including aisles).
- Special equipment or displays pertaining to your event.
When it comes to what style of tent you need consider these questions:
- How long do I need the tent for?
- What purpose will the tent serve for my event?
- Do I want to draw attention to my event with some color?
- Will center poles be in the way?
- How much space do I have to set a tent?
- Will the site allow us to properly stake the tent or will it need to be weighted?